Travel Industry Publications
- Topaz International - Provides airfare assessment tools for corporations worldwide. Leading provider of airfare analysis and benchmarking data.
- Runzheimer International - An international consulting firm specializing in transportation, travel and living costs, serving businesses, government agencies, and the general public.
- BTN Online - Business Travel News
- Business Travel Net - Travel portal providing regularly updated news and information. Tailored for those arranging business travel, including key news stories, directories of business travel supplies and hundreds of links.
- eTurbo News - A worldwide force of socially responsible Tourism & Travel Professionals.
- Travel Weekly Magazine - The national newspaper of the travel industry.
- FOREIGN ENTRY REQUIREMENTS - This listing is for U.S. citizens traveling on tourism/business and does not apply to persons planning to emigrate to foreign countries.
- FAA - Flight Delay Information - Flight Delay Information - Air Traffic Control System Command Center
- U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) - The DOT was established by an act of Congress in 1966. Their purpose is to serve the United States by ensuring a fast, safe, efficient, accessible and convenient transportation system that meets our vital national interests and enhances the quality of life of the American people, today and into the future.
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) - The FAA is the element of the U.S. Government with primary responsibility for the safety of civil aviation. The FAA was originally designated the Federal Aviation Agency when established by the Federal Aviation Act in 1958.
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA) - The TSA protects the Nation's transportation systems to ensure freedom of movement for people and commerce. Here you will find information about the latest in travel security measures.
- U.S. Department of State - A comprehensive list of travel warnings, public announcements and Consular information sheets.
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) - Health information on specific destinations. What do know before you go.
- U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP) - The single unified border agency of the United States whose mission is vitally important to the protection of American and the American people.
Airlines and Hotels
General Travel Interest
- ABC News - Travel - Travel information from the ABC News
- Air Safe - Information about fatal events by airline and aircraft, fear of flying information, and airport and airline security.
- Biz Travel - Provides an information hub for the vacations people have always dreamed of and are very difficult to find. Travel Guide for special interest travel.
- Restaurant Row - Dining guide, dining reviews, restaurant menus.
- Currency Conversion - Universal currency conversion.
- Motion Sickness - Try Ginger - no side effects! - Ginger against Motion Sickness and Nausea Written by Gloria Tsang R.D. Ginger is a common spice known for its "stimulating carminative" property throughout the world, especially in Asia. We can cook it in hot dish for its pungent flavor, or eat it raw like the raw ginger marinated with vinegar in Japanese cuisine. Because of its action on promoting gastrointestinal circulation, significant evidence has been brought up of the usefulness of ginger against motion sickness, nausea and vomiting. Ginger for Motion Sickness and Nausea Conducted by Svensborg Hospital in Denmark, seasickness trial and clinical study have shown that ginger was as effective as over-the-counter drugs in dealing with motion sickness. It is indeed a safer option that OTC drugs which cause drowsiness. Another clinical study conducted by Department of Anesthesiology at St. Bartholomew's Hospital in London showed that 1g of ginger powder was as effective at preventing postoperative nausea and vomiting as the tranquilizer commonly used by hospitals and much safer. Read the link for a full university study.