Welcome To Our Chapter's Newsletter!
Please check out the new and improved MBTA Quarterly Newsletter - First Quarter 2017 issue.
Welcome to Spring!
Personally this is my favorite time of year and the planning for GBTA Michigan Chapter is in full swing as we think about the next few months of chapter meetings and events.
GBTA Michigan Celebrates 50 years through 2017…….. We continue to be an organization dedicated to advancing the interests of the corporate travel industry. As the collective voice of this industry for Michigan, we support and represent our core constituents of corporate travel managers and associated travel services by providing tools, information and networks required for effective business travel management.
If you haven’t registered for our April 27 meeting, don’t wait! Our session topic is Spans of Control – Beyond Travel Management. This meeting will be held at Fifth Third Ballpark - Pepsi Stadium Club in the Grand Rapids Area.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer with our chapter, please feel free to contact me at President@michiganbta.org.
Featured Classified Ads:
CONLIN TRAVEL – ANN ARBOR, MI
A family-owned and -operated company founded in 1959, Conlin Travel is now the largest travel management company in the state of Michigan. We believe that as the world changes and our industry advances, integrity, dependability, persistence, and honesty matter now more than ever – not just for our travelers, but for our employees, too.
We are looking to hire a Training Specialist to be responsible for partnering with all departments within Conlin Travel to create, administer, and deliver training programs.
In addition, this role will develop custom programs to be delivered via live facilitation, virtual, and on-demand training.
- Design and create training manuals, online learning modules, and course materials for Corporate, Leisure and Group Agents to maximize sales and customer service objectives; create and maintain a high-engagement learning culture
- Partner with leadership in the development of learning priorities, and create programs that support these priorities
- Meet with all new employees within first 2 days to review company policies, guidelines, and collect new-hire paperwork
- Deliver Conlin-specific Sabre training to existing and newly hired agents
- Assess training needs through ongoing surveys, interviews with employees, and/or consultations with managers
- Streamline travel policies and procedures
- Review training materials from a variety of vendors and choose appropriate materials
- Select and assign external instructors or vendors to conduct training
- Perform administrative tasks such as monitoring costs, scheduling classes, setting up systems and equipment, and coordinating enrollment
- Train existing clients on Concur Expense for Business
- Maintain excel spreadsheet and train on agent errors and debit memos, keeping department heads informed of areas that have been reviewed
- Conduct management training several times each year
- Prior experience and expertise working as a company Trainer
- Working understanding of the tasks and responsibilities of a travel agent along with knowledge of the travel industry
- Sabre proficiency required
- Outstanding presentation, teaching, and communication skills necessary
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with multiple and shifting priorities
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume to email@example.com.
Growing Southfield Travel Management Company seeks a local Meetings/Group Coordinator
Our continuous growth provides numerous opportunities for experienced travel personnel. Hamilton, Miller, Hudson & Fayne Travel Management Corporation (HMHF) specializes in business travel management. By leveraging both the expertise of our personnel and leading travel technology, HMHF assists clients in achieving the greatest value from their travel program in terms of savings, service and security. We are committed to providing best-in-class service and assistance to our clients.
Candidate must possess excellent communication, documentation and planning skills. Applicant must also have the ability to multi-task and be extremely detail oriented. Works well under minimal supervision. Competitive salary; health; dental and 401k plan. Professional yet relaxed atmosphere. Qualified candidates need only reply.
• Minimum 3 years travel industry experience.
• Proficiency in Worldspan.
• Ability to demonstrate personal and organizational integrity.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to interact with executive level decision makers
• Operates within detailed procedures under minimal supervision.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
• MSOffice skills.
• Experience with Groups is a plus
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.