Please check out the new and improved MBTA Quarterly Newsletter - First Quarter 2017 issue.
Welcome to Spring!
Personally this is my favorite time of year and the planning for GBTA Michigan Chapter is in full swing as we think about the next few months of chapter meetings and events.
GBTA Michigan Celebrates 50 years through 2017…….. We continue to be an organization dedicated to advancing the interests of the corporate travel industry. As the collective voice of this industry for Michigan, we support and represent our core constituents of corporate travel managers and associated travel services by providing tools, information and networks required for effective business travel management.
If you haven’t registered for our April 27 meeting, don’t wait! Our session topic is Spans of Control – Beyond Travel Management. This meeting will be held at Fifth Third Ballpark - Pepsi Stadium Club in the Grand Rapids Area.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer with our chapter, please feel free to contact me at President@michiganbta.org.
Click Here to access NBTA's Job Listing Page
Arrange air, rail, car, hotel and ground transportation reservations for company related travel, including domestic and international travel.
- Use Global Distribution System (GDS) to book and make changes to air, car, hotel and ground transportation reservations (domestic and international)
- Monitor unused tickets for refund and exchange purposes
- Qualify traveler’s pre-trip approval and departmental reporting conditions
- Work with Aviation and Fleet Lead to schedule company jet and fleet cars
- Update and maintain Traveler Profiles in the GDS and/or online booking tool as needed
- Identify and resolve errors during weekly review of Travel Management Reports
- Make recommendations for new properties during annual hotel negotiations as needed, and verify negotiated rates are loaded in GDS
- Assist with the development and/or review of travel related processes
- Provide and track meeting planning services for both domestic and international functions and events
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year of experience booking domestic and international travel in WorldSpan or other Global Distribution System (GDS)
- Knowledge of passport and visa processing
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Data entry skills to include strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain composure and adapt in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused work environment characterized by rapid change, minimal lead times, and multiple competing priorities
- Additional work hours including weekends, holidays, and on-call as required
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with meeting and company event planning
- Certified Travel Counselor (CTC) certification
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Egencia: Business travel for the Expedia generation!
Egencia, is rewriting the book on how companies and their employees arrange travel. Unique in the market, we operate like an agile and entrepreneurial start-up but we are backed by one of the world’s largest travel groups Expedia Inc. Expedia has invested twice the amount on technology advancement in the last year than any of Egencia’s competitors and this means we’re growing, and growing fast.
As a Global Sales Manager (GSM) located in Michigan or Ohio, you will work virtually and target new mid - large market corporate accounts headquartered in the US with footprints in the Asia Pacific (APAC), Latin America and European markets. Your objective will be to support aggressive growth goals on a global scale for Egencia through prospecting, collaborating with global peers, negotiating and contracting new clients.
You must be acutely results focused, a self-starter, possess creativity in solving problems and passionate about the opportunity to grow a business on a global scale.
What will you do?
- You will grow the Egencia portfolio of accounts with new global clients
- You will effectively manage complex projects to completion
- You will lead global cross-functional teams with Global Sales and Account Management, Leadership, Finance, Product Marketing, and Implementations to support in contracting global business
- You will execute ongoing prospecting of new opportunities to increase pipeline and support quarterly goals
- You will conduct thorough discovery with prospects and create strategic global project plans
- You will create and deliver customized presentations to multiple levels within prospective client organizations
- You will maintain sales database for designated territory thoroughly and accurately, and utilize to forecast closing business through-out the quarter
- You will consistently achieve or exceed sales quota on a quarterly basis
Who are you?
- You are a pure hunter with a keen sense of urgency, and comfort and efficiency in leading complex sales processes, presenting and building relationships on a global level
- You have demonstrated success in selling global business to the mid-large segment in corporate travel, including GDS, Expense, and other industry technical services, or solid proven b2b sales experience in an ever-changing complex business
- You possess strong working knowledge of Latin America, APAC & European regions, geographies, culture and business protocols
- You have the ability to communicate, build relationships and influence decision makers as this is critical to success, and as a tech company data and an analytical approach counts
- You are self-motivated with demonstrated strengths managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment, and you achieve and exceed quota
- You have a proven track record of obtaining/surpassing targets on a consistent basis, demonstrating a persistent commitment to success
- You are tech-savvy with ability to communicate technical product features effectively and enthusiastically
- You are able to travel as needed both nationally and internationally
- Do you have expertise in the corporate travel industry? That's a big plus
Who Are We?
- We believe in being Different. We seek new ideas, different ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds and approaches, because averages can lie and sameness is dangerous. Because of this belief, our norms aren't rules or universal at all corners of our company. But they are important to our identity and how we work together. Like our company, these norms will evolve.
- We are Transparent. We communicate openly and honestly, at all levels, upwards, sideways and downwards. We surface difficult issues quickly, we act, we learn.
- We organize for Speed. We seek to gather data as fast as possible, and move. Speed allows us to make mistakes and constantly improve.
- We believe in the Scientific Method. Everyone’s ideas are equal in the face of hard data. We use data to guide but not define our actions.
- We Lead Humbly. Our leaders serve their teams. None of us has all of the answers, but we are curious and we are always looking to learn. Though our leaders take their responsibilities to our business and their teams incredibly seriously, they never take themselves too seriously.
- We act as One Team. We look to optimize for the greater good, not just our own, or even our own teams' interests. We are actively interested in the success of others.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.