Please check out the new and improved MBTA Quarterly Newsletter - First Quarter 2017 issue.
Welcome to Spring!
Personally this is my favorite time of year and the planning for GBTA Michigan Chapter is in full swing as we think about the next few months of chapter meetings and events.
GBTA Michigan Celebrates 50 years through 2017…….. We continue to be an organization dedicated to advancing the interests of the corporate travel industry. As the collective voice of this industry for Michigan, we support and represent our core constituents of corporate travel managers and associated travel services by providing tools, information and networks required for effective business travel management.
If you haven’t registered for our April 27 meeting, don’t wait! Our session topic is Spans of Control – Beyond Travel Management. This meeting will be held at Fifth Third Ballpark - Pepsi Stadium Club in the Grand Rapids Area.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer with our chapter, please feel free to contact me at President@michiganbta.org.
Click Here to access NBTA's Job Listing Page
Hiring Company Description:
Hamilton, Miller, Hudson & Fayne Travel Management Corporation (HMHF), is seeking a Corporate Travel Account Manager to join our team. This position will consult and assist corporate clients in the management and control of their travel-related expenses in order to increase value, generate cost savings and offer solutions to drive company revenue.
Present company products and services to new and existing customers
Assist client’s with corporate travel policy development, management and compliance
Travel-related vendor negotiations on behalf of corporate client
Research and resolve customer inquiries and complaints
Manage the business relationship between HMHF & the client
Provide customer with guidance in the development of a strategic travel mgt. business plan in accordance with their company objectives and goals
Client retention & growth
Assist with special projects and client events
Quarterly and/or semi-annual client reviews recapping past performance, benchmarking data and future savings opportunities
3 years travel industry/hospitality experience required
College degree preferred
Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
Excellent customer service and listening skills
Effective oral and written communication skills required
Ability to work independently, exercising discretion and good judgment
Capability of working in a team environment
Maintaining our company’s favorable image when interfacing with outside source
Personal and organizational integrity
Deadline and detail oriented with a sense of urgency when necessary
Medical, Dental, Life & 401K
Why work at this company?
Unique competitive advantages and great team environment.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Arrange air, rail, car, hotel and ground transportation reservations for company related travel, including domestic and international travel.
- Use Global Distribution System (GDS) to book and make changes to air, car, hotel and ground transportation reservations (domestic and international)
- Monitor unused tickets for refund and exchange purposes
- Qualify traveler’s pre-trip approval and departmental reporting conditions
- Work with Aviation and Fleet Lead to schedule company jet and fleet cars
- Update and maintain Traveler Profiles in the GDS and/or online booking tool as needed
- Identify and resolve errors during weekly review of Travel Management Reports
- Make recommendations for new properties during annual hotel negotiations as needed, and verify negotiated rates are loaded in GDS
- Assist with the development and/or review of travel related processes
- Provide and track meeting planning services for both domestic and international functions and events
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year of experience booking domestic and international travel in WorldSpan or other Global Distribution System (GDS)
- Knowledge of passport and visa processing
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Data entry skills to include strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain composure and adapt in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused work environment characterized by rapid change, minimal lead times, and multiple competing priorities
- Additional work hours including weekends, holidays, and on-call as required
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with meeting and company event planning
- Certified Travel Counselor (CTC) certification
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.